Thursday, July 18, 2013

A Few Favorites

Happy Thursday, everyone! Wow, amazing how fast the days go by. I thought I'd share with you a list of my favorite things. These are the things I love most about living in this world:

~I love good friendships. They're hard to find, but when you find the one or two special people who you don't want to think about living without, you're there. And it's awesome.

Erica is the most loyal girlfriend in the entire world.

Vinnie is brave, hilarious, and he gets me. 

~I love light. Okay, I'm a total night owl who is averse to anything bright in the morning. But as an artist, I love light. It makes the most incredible sunrises & sunsets, shadows, contrast, and color. And those are my absolute favorite things to mimic in my art.

~I love Jesus. I don't know if it sounds cheesy to include this at all, or if I'll be judged for not listing this first. So we'll pretend I don't care about my readers' opinions for half a second. I just have to include the one thing that has made my life better forever. Those times when I try to view everything in light of His words, are the times that the world makes the most sense. It's incredible.

~I love anything teal. Really. My bedroom walls, bedsheets, blankets, jewelry boxes, lamps, scarves, notebooks, favorite bags, picture frames, picnic blanket, and most of my clothes are all teal. It's just such a relaxing color, I can't get enough of it. I've been told it fits my personality, and I like that. This picture of my room made its way onto Instagram:


Time for the specific ones. Here are a few things you should definitely get your hands on if at all possible:

~Essie nail color. I have a huge collection. At nearly $8 a bottle, it's a rather unhealthy obsession. I was never really into nail polish because I don't like anything shimmery (except occasionally). And then I found Essie and fell in love. The matte colors, the wide variety of neutrals, and the mattifying top coat have made me a happy woman. Poor and happy.

Essie polish in Ladylike. This & Sand Tropez are my go-to neutrals (good for the office).

~Aveeno products. Any of them. (I guess I'm brand-loyal.) I've been using shaving cream, face wash, & lotion from Aveeno for a few years now. Just recently, my skin started giving me real trouble, and after ending up in the ER (long story) & at way too many doctors' offices, I started using Aveeno body wash to soothe my skin. It worked miracles on my winter dry skin, and it felt & smelled so good I never wanted to leave the shower. So unless you live with people who will fight you for hot showers, this is a great investment.


~Signature Perfume. This is simple, and not too specific because people look for different things in a scent. But I think it's a great idea to have a signature scent you go with on a daily basis, just to finish off a great look. It'll make you feel more confident & more put together. I alternate between my two all-time favorites, Ralph Lauren Safari in the winter and Calvin Klein Euphoria in the summer.



And my secret reason for wearing perfume? Memories. Yep, I do it for the memories. They say your nose creates the strongest memories. I'll never forget the showers that opened onto a terrace at the chateau I stayed at in Belgium, because I had bought American Crew Citrus Mint shampoo for that trip. Every time I smell that shampoo, I have vivid memories of the chateau. I'll also never forget my trip to a timeshare in Jersey with 4 of my best girlfriends, because I shared my Oscar de la Renta Island Summer perfume with all the girls, and the scent filled the room all week long. So pick a scent you like and make it yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment